RENDANG SAPI/BEEF RENDANG
(this dish is originally from Padang, Sumatra)
Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 1 hour
1kg of diced beef
1 jar of Bali In A Jar Rendang Paste
4 tbs of vegetable oil
100g of blended toasted coconut (or alternatively dessicated coconut)
100ml of “Kara” coconut cream
1 litre of water
- Heat oil in a deep pot. Place beef in pot and cook until brown and softened on all sides
- Pour in a whole Bali In A Jar Rendang Paste and stir through into the meat. Keep stirring until the sauce releases a fragrant aroma
- Add coconut cream, stir through and then add enough water to cover the meat. Keep cooking on high, occasionally turning over the meat, for around 30 minutes.
- When the water has been reduced add the blended coconut to thicken and enhance the colour of the beef.
- Turn stove to low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
Served with steamed white rice