AYAM GORENG/BALINESE SPICY FRIED CHICKEN
Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: approx. 30 minutes
1 kg of chicken pieces
1/2 jar of Bali In A Jar Chicken Curry Paste
2 cups of vegetable oil for frying
- Score chicken with a very sharp knife at an angle.
- Place chicken pieces in a deep cooking pot. Pour in Bali In A Jar Chicken Curry Paste and add enough water to cover the chicken.
- Bring the water to boiling point, while stirring occasionally and then remove the chicken from the broth. Make sure to keep the chicken broth to make the sauce.
- Leave chicken to rest until cool. Dry excess moisture on the chicken with a paper towel.
- Heat oil in a wok on high. Fry the chicken pieces until golden brown and crispy on all sides.
- Reduce the chicken broth to thicken.
Serve chicken on plate with sauce on the side together with steamed white rice and cucumber slices as garnish.